Please refer to the resources on this page for assistance in dealing with mental health needs. You are encouraged to reach out to your school counselor, social worker, nurse or psychologist for additional support if needed.
Worried about your mental health:
- Dakota County Crisis Response: Call 952-891-7171
- National Crisis Text Line: Text SCHOOL to 741741
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Call or text 988
Licensed middle and high school counselors provide support for the needs of all students in the areas listed below and follow guidelines established by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA).
- Academic support and guidance
- Career exploration
- College planning
- Personal and social development
- Chemical counseling
- Community resource referrals
- Credit recovery advisement
- Crisis intervention counseling
- Individual counseling
- Goal setting
- Mental health referrals
- Staff and parent consultation
- Student disability support
- Support groups
Counselors design and implement comprehensive programs within their schools that are data-driven and results-focused, and work with students through individual meetings, small groups and classroom settings.
Effective school counseling programs provide increased student achievement, post-secondary school enrollments, improved attendance and test scores and higher academic grades.